Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Universe responds

It's strange the power of commitments. Mine was to be up 10 minutes early to talk some smack on my personal blog. That commitment created other opportunities. Kelly mentioned her TV was on the fritz last night. I'm sure Fritz was not too happy about this because the tv is pretty heavy. So I asked her what time she leaves in the am, she says 7:35-7:45. I set my alarm with an almost willing heart for 7:35. The alarm goes off like clockwork... I hear Kelly firing up the mustand engine to leave so I call her. Then I hear her skipping back inside, becasue she probably forgot her cell phone. She answers, i ask, would you like em to carry your tv down for you. Her beaming face actually radiates through the cell phone, giving me a tan.

So my pretend awake body, sore ankles and all limps down the stairs with the behemoth. Strangely enough I felt more than strong enough and just carried that sucker all the way to the car, through the 2 foot crack between the cars and right into the passenger side.

What you say, is so interesting about this. Well, for you, nothing really, but for me, it's a reminder of the power of commitment. The commitment always opens up new doors and possibilities. Mine was to get up 10 mins early (7:50) and turned into an opportunity to be a blessing to my friend. She gets to start her day with a smile, and I start mine keeping my commitment and feeling like I contributed to somone else's joy.

Just little things, to help me live a reasonably happy life.