Monday, February 27, 2006

so not looking back

It was an odd moment as the cake came towards me with a 3 on the left and a 0 on the right. Like this must be for someone else. I was momentarily mortal. awarenss of mortality is universally reason for pause. I also found myself really really thankful. For the cake, my family, their life shared with me. I am even now reminded of how so much is gleaned during reflection. My brother was really wonderful. My dad was awesome. My mom really really put forth her best. My gparents were all loving, my aunt was great. My son was adorable and his mom was admirable. I was proud of them all really, and happy to be present with them. Their desire for me to live near them was intense. It was almost painful. So there is a lof of very interesting stuff available just through the next door.