Tuesday, December 13, 2005

It Tickles

I have a cold today. A very mild cold, so mild it feels like allergies. My nose itches so much i want to pack it with processed cheese. Seriously?

I went to the chiro today. Sometimes I wonder what exactly does he do? He makes some stuff crack, pats me on the butt, and sends me on my way.

I'm old. My ankles hurt, my knees hurt, my neck hurts, my back hurts. Too many times in recent memory I've walked onto an ultimate field and strategized how I could take it easy on my body, adjust for my strained and tight and achy parts. I miss running free, with reckless abandon. I guess this forced restraint is the consequence of the youthful disregard for my body.

Tonight I rest...scratch that. I'm off to Miami to meet a lottery winner from Belize. Dinner and notarization. Sweet.

I had to share this story-

Shayna Richardson will have a story to tell her baby someday -- and she'll have the videotape to prove it. Richardson was making her first solo jump in Siloam Springs, Ark., when her main parachute failed and her reserve chute didn't fully deploy. She was falling at about 50 mph when she hit face-first in a parking lot. She then spent 16 days in a hospital, where she had multiple surgeries. Richardson told a Fort Smith television station that she didn't find out until she was at the hospital that she was pregnant. She says she wouldn't have jumped had she known she was expecting. Her baby is due June 25. Richardson plans to make her next parachute jump in August. Her fall was videotaped, and Richardson said she's able to watch it. After all, she said, she knows it turns out OK in the end.

The moral of the story...there better be someone else keeping an eye on us cuz we have no idea what the hell we are doing.