Sunday, January 01, 2006

Looking back

I want to spend the next 2 days looking back. A quick glance and I'd have to say, 2005 was one of my best years. In terms of learning about myself, and being challenged. I will probably look back one day and say 2005 was a really important step to hgetting where I am now.

I am thankful for every good and bad moment, and for the many wonderful people I shared those moments with.

Today I'm starting out on the couch. I took so much allergy medicine at the party lost night I'm a cottonheaded nully muggins today. Stupid allergies. I'm not sure if its dust or cats but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with cat dust.

I can't remember the details of the year. It's all just a bundle of feelings and concepts. I remember being excited, being angry, being hurt. I remember being brave, being scared, and being alone. I remember being rejected, being accepted, being pursued, and high phone bills. I remember great road trips, great conversations, and arguments. I remember late nights, lots of internet work, being apreciated, and feeling lost. I was critical and generous, demanding and needy, quiet and peaceful. I was good but not great, I attended but didn't participate, I was chosen and I was refused. I was close, but no cigar, I was some kinda wonderful, and so frustrating. I broke up Nick and Jessica and rescued Will and Jada. I watched less movies, played less games, and stayed home less nights. The year started and ended memorably, and now it's on to 2006.

2006 is looking like it will be a bold year, a coming of age year, and a transition year. And it will be the year I get down below 160. Turning 30 means the metabolism drops dramatically. Time to bring my A game. Living life in the 80% range.

I'll keep you posted!