Thursday, December 22, 2005

Dare to be GRRRReat!

"I'm looking for a dare-to-be-great situation" Yah well, good for you Lloyd! Sometimes those sityeeaye shuns are downright painful. Think of all the great people, who had serious consequences for their choices. And the tons of people we've never heard of who did something great and got squashed. Like the fictional jack in 24. The guy saves the country and gets labeled and hunted for being a traitor basically. I bet there are many many unknowns who chose to be great and got kicked in the ass for it.

Would they have made the same choice if they knew the consequences? Yah, probably. People with the courage to take on "dare to be great" situations would probably make the same choice again. But they might have made some adjustments based on the knowledge they gleaned. JFK-borrows the Pope's ride. Jack-makes sure the embassy cameras are down before the raid.

As for me, I'm not great or smart like those guys, but moments do come my way. I do look for them like Lloyd.
And I do the best I can with them. And i live the rewards and consequences. But all in all, there are very few choices I would go back and change.

Besides, I really believe that it all works together for good in the end. Maybe not mine...