Wednesday, March 23, 2005

A Codependent

My first big discovery for 2005. I am codependent! Woo hoo! I'm sure someone will leave a comment about how codependenc is just a term someone made up to control the masses. But being codependent means I will have a hard time having healthy relationships. Because I will only let someone in so far, and my self worth will often be based on how well I take care of someone else. The root in general has to do with emotional needs not being met as a child. But all that aside, the real good news is the self awareness that now opens doors to new and better habits in relationships. Focusing on what's best for me, and finding a way to overcome my fear of not being loved. I am excited about these challenges, and grateful for the opportunity to work for healthier relationships.