Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Disappointing

I have lived a lot of years avoiding disappointing others. I didn't even do that great a job. Trying not to disappoint others is equal to trying not to really be involved in their life.

It's not easy. Life. Simple, but awfully challenging sometimes. So many difficult choices, bad days, unfair instances. And who am I on those days?

I was afraid. I'm not so scared any more. I used to run. Now I just stop and breathe for a moment.

So I get that sometimes the things I do will hurt people. People will sometimes hate me, people will disprove, disagree, maybe even distance themselves. I have no means or power to make everyone happy, but I am confident. Confident that my contribution to the lives of those I love will be completed and worthy even if I am not who or what they would choose me to be.

Everything is as it's meant to be. All that remains, is who we will be each moment, each day, until...they throw dirt on our face. Life, is really short.